25 April 2005

What, me worry?

Journalists and Bloggers who know what they're doing, who have a purpose, are tremendously interesting. They state their objectives and follow through: exercising writing skills, putting outlines around their lives, or putting events or ideas into words to gain perspective. I've found that at least in this medium I'm not sure what I really do want to accomplish. Paper journals can be hidden or locked away. A diary in this medium, even with passwords and other "protection," is vulnerable to exposure. I'm terrified of putting too much personal detail in. On the other hand, why should I worry? Most of the people I know have full lives and spend their days umbically connected to a computer. Therefore they rarely spend time on the home PC that isn't of practical use.

I suppose I'll go with the Alfred E. Neuman approach.