20 June 2005

So I haven't been here and Who Cares Anyhow

Hullo, nonexistent audience. Haven’t been here in a while, more than a while, actually. I’ve been 1) busy at work; 2) busy at home and 3) just plain busy catching up. With everything except my blog.

I may have noted previously that I have a great job that I love. I do. I’m mostly married to it and I’m happy being so. Sometimes the togetherness is too much, though, you know? So I’m happy now that work has slacked off a bit, I’m back to having every other Friday off, and I can do things other than fall face first into my Spaghetti-Os in the evening.

So I’ve been working out like a “real” athlete, meaning hitting the gym every day, to make up for slacking off to “when I can fit it in” (Which to be honest, not all that much). I've been gathering evidence to prove to the Tax Man that no, my house is not worth even close to what he thinks, and if it were I'd totally sell it. I've been taking pictures and trying my hand at editing them all artsy and stuff. I cooked! Tried new recipes!! And, I've been to see my friends, who live only a Southwest Hour away, and who recently presented this little guy to the world:



Ain't he cute? I call him Zinfandel, or Zinny. In this pic he's only 5 days old. I was lucky to get up there during pre-work-overload time(and that was pre-blog, too, now I remember) for a few days just after he was born. This most recent trip, he's a remarkable 4 month old. And his brother, at 7, was having his first lesson on a dirt bike. Not to be missed. So natch, the visit up there was more important than the therapy this provides.

Here's me and his big bro (Hurricane, or H-man) and Zinny on the first trip.



Now, isn't that a good reason not to blog? Instant therapy. Kids that aren't mine.